1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Concorde Catalytic stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by dbcgrand, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcgrand

dbcgrand New Member

We purchased the stove from a friend 25 or so years ago. After many years of use the gasket needs replacing and we are not able to locate one. The gasket is installed on the frame of the stove sandwiched between 2 pieces of metal up to the rope, not in a grove in the door. Does anyone have any idea where we could locate one? Original book only give a part # 7723J no size.

Thank you for any ideas you can provide.
    dbcgrand

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    any chance you could get us a picture?
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Which gasket do you need. As I remember, some had a tadpole gasket that was mounted on the door frame- and none on the doors except between the glass....

We always had problems with the glass on that stove. The inner pane is high temp and the outer pane is tempered, so don't switch 'em.

You can definitely find something generic to do this, but be more specific - do you need for the glass or for the frame of the stove. I think the originals has a flat piece that might have acted as a little of both....

So is the door sealing gasket on the door? or on the stove (door frame that door hits).
  4. dbcgrand

dbcgrand New Member

We do not need the gasket that is between the glass in the doors. The gasket we are looking for is on the stove (where the door seats to the stove)

I will try to get a picture
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.