Not open for further replies.
  1. brian89gp

brian89gp
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 15, 2008
    Loc:
    Kansas City
    I am looking for something to bolt to a basement concrete slab to hook a chain onto, chain is rated for 5400lbs so the plate should withstand that. A stone foundation wall, above grade, is leaning outwards and I want to pull it back into place so I can repoint the exterior. Chain angle would be roughly 22.5* and there would be multiple chains and anchors. I have not been having much luck find anchors that are rated for a certain weight.

2. Bret Chase

Bret Chase
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2013
    Loc:
    Maine
    at a 22 deg angle... you're almost getting into plain shear..... that's well within the range of a 3/4 X 5 kwik-bolt/thunderstud/trubolt... whatever you want to call them.... your chain will fail before the anchors do..... assuming you've got normal 3000-3/4 slab...

3. brian89gp

brian89gp
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 15, 2008
    Loc:
    Kansas City
    Call me paranoid, but I like the idea of at least two bolts per chain. There a way you can think of doing this? Perhaps two anchors and two short chains to the main chain?

Slab is 60+ years old so no guarantee's about anything other then I will verify thickness before I do it (...the cause of the paranoia for multiple bolts). I am jacking the house up slightly off of the stone foundation so the stone will be unloaded, I figure the entire section of the wall I am moving to be no more then a couple tons in total spread across 3 main chains. The top of the wall needs to come in about 6" in total.

4. Bret Chase

Bret Chase
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2013
    Loc:
    Maine
    is this a rubble foundation? if it is do NOT lift the house off of it. if you want multiple bolts... then go with 3 - 1/2"X4 kwikbolts- you're still well in the 3X safety factor range....

stone/rubble foundations are not for the layman to mess with to be honest....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.