1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Condar Stove Thermometer

Post in 'The Gear' started by glassmanjpf, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glassmanjpf

glassmanjpf Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Anybody use these thermometers/ Which one wood work best on the stove (not the pipe) I like the look of the 3-16 Woodsaver Stovepipe Thermometer but it says not to be used on the stove itself only the pipe. Why would that be? Any other types preferred? Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bjorn773

bjorn773 Member

Loc:
    Rockford, Illinois
    I have a Condar in my flue, the Fluegard I believe. For the stovetop I went with a Rutland, simply due to local availability. I've been very happy with both.
  3. oregonrider

oregonrider Member

Loc:
    upper mckenzie river valley, oregon
    I have the condar flue probe, love it! I just ordered the enamel stove top one to replace my old rutland. roben.
  4. glassmanjpf

glassmanjpf Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    I'm going to go ahead and order one too. I'm lookin at the 3-4 ChimGard® Energy Meter.

Thanks
  5. oregonrider

oregonrider Member

Loc:
    Just got my condar enamel thermo today. looks nice, reads almost 100 degrees lower than my old rutland. So I checked it with my UEi cappuccino thermo and the condar was spot on. roben.
  6. glassmanjpf

glassmanjpf Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Wow that's a big difference I'm still waiting on mine. It should be here the 8th.
  7. bcnu

bcnu New Member

I've been using a Condor Chimguard for about a month now - that's all the stove dealer had. I don't have any exposed flue so it sits on the top middle tile of my soapstone stove. Hope it reads correctly. Whats a good, lo tech, way to check?
  8. oregonrider

oregonrider Member

Loc:
    After using them both for a day now, moving them around the stove and watching them closely, at lower temps they are closer. Right now condar is reading 450 and rutland is 550. Rutland is old, I've lived here almost 4 years and have no idea how long the rutland was here before I bought the house. roben.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.