Condensation in OAK pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgopetactical

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2012
York County, Pa
Pulled my stove out this morning for a good cleaning, notice that the OAK pipe was wet, tiny puddle behind stove. I pulled the pipe off and it had a small amount of water in it. Has to be condensation. Any one else ever had a similar issue?

I did shorten the pipe so it does not hang low and create a place for the condensation to collect.

Mine will get condensation outside the pipe which is normal. Not sure about inside?

ETA: Never checked, now I will be looking at that just to see if it happens inside.

It's not like a ton poured out of the inside, but it was just enough to make me concerned.

one of the down falls of the OAK.

Eric

one of the down falls of the OAK.

Eric

Ok thanks, like I said above I shortened the flexible pipe so there is no sag for buildup, just wanted to make sure I did not have something out of the ordinary going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.