Conical screw log splitters

slindo Posted By slindo, Feb 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotO

ScotO
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I've seen that vid before, that is very cool! A buddy of mine is looking at a smaller version of that very stump screw for his skidsteer......

2. 711mhw

711mhw
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Western ME
    That's what I want to do ^^^^^^^^^^^ pre split the 24" & up stuff for the hyd splitter.

3. 930dreamer

930dreamer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jun 3, 2013
    Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    Some trial and error here, owner stated the unicorn goes on the passenger side and use in the lowest gear. I set it up and it won't start into a log. I try it in reverse gear and it's a go. I'll need to set it up on the drivers side and re-evaluate. Will need to add a platform closer to the screw so the wood will track straight as it's screwed.

Video;

4. Mr A

Mr A
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2011
    Loc:
    N. California
    I used mine in D2 to split a bit faster. The Stickler mounted driver side, it's the just the way the threads are cut. Since the cone gets wider, if a log is not at a good angle it can lift the vehicle off the jack stands. You can take a lot of the wobble out of the spin with sheet metal shims behind the mounting plate.
    I split a few cords with it. It was a pain every time to use it, take off the wheel, mount the screw, take it off, put the wheel back on. When the truck got knocked off the jack stands, I was done with it.

5. 930dreamer

930dreamer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jun 3, 2013
    Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    My Jeep Grand Wagoneer has the same wheel bolt pattern but the axle flange sticks out too far for this too mount up. It's a shop rig so my plan was too use it.::-)

6. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

<>::P

7. Jags

Jags
    Moderate Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Northern IL
    Wow - that is kinda painful to watch. It took 59 seconds for the first split to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.