Consolidated Dutchwest Sequoia 455

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patt275

Jan 18, 2011
Western PA
I am hoping to find someone out there that is familiar with the Sequoia. In the middle of restoration and can't get stove top off. Already have removed
two Phillips screws from each side and two from back. The perimeter wants to release but something unseen in the center still has it secured. I have seen
mention of two bolts from inside at top but can't find them on this model. It is a pre 1990 stove with the 7"x2" catalytic converter. Wish I had realized how scarce
parts and information were before purchase but am committed now. Of all the things I have restored in the past have never encountered a manufacturer as
non supportive of older products as Vermont Castings. Also, I have downloaded user manual from the net but would like to find the shop/repair manual. Looking
forward to using the stove from comments I've read. Thanks for any help, I enjoy the forum.

sawbuck said:
I am hoping to find someone out there that is familiar with the Sequoia. In the middle of restoration and can't get stove top off. Already have removed
two Phillips screws from each side and two from back. The perimeter wants to release but something unseen in the center still has it secured. I have seen
mention of two bolts from inside at top but can't find them on this model. It is a pre 1990 stove with the 7"x2" catalytic converter. Wish I had realized how scarce
parts and information were before purchase but am committed now. Of all the things I have restored in the past have never encountered a manufacturer as
non supportive of older products as Vermont Castings. Also, I have downloaded user manual from the net but would like to find the shop/repair manual. Looking
forward to using the stove from comments I've read. Thanks for any help, I enjoy the forum.

I have an old vintage stove like yours (cdw large federal 264ccl) and on mine near the cooktop along the front edge inside the stove there is a bolt that secures the middle front.. This bolt is located directly on the inside.. Hard to explain..

Hope this helps..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.