1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Construction wood

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by jklingel, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jklingel

jklingel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Fairbanks
    If boilers like the Greenwood use un-split wood, and seem to like it, then I assume that stacking discarded 2x4's, etc, would be great wood fuel. Is kiln dried wood TOO dry? There is sure lots of that around for the taking. j

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Don't know about the greenwood, but on the EKO the controller regulates the fan to control water jacket temp. Really dry wood could give you combustion temperatures that might be scary. I'm comfortable with 2000 degrees, but I had a load of dry wood that pushed 2400 degrees - that's too hot. Mix in a few pieces of green stuff and you should be fine.
  3. jklingel

jklingel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Fairbanks
    nofossil: glad I asked! 2400 degrees does sound a tad hot. I'll also check w/ GW, of course, should I buy one of their boilers. I think I can scrounge up a lot of scrap wood; this place is growing like a damn weed. j
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.