Contractors...Make me pull my hair if I had any!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The porch and garages don't bother me just the top for cleaning chimneys, not loving staying up there for too long. Like I said neighbours skyjack makes me more calm. Hardest part is getting up and down as I don't have a very long extension ladder so I ladder up on garage/bay window area then up to top

Last edited:
Like I said thanks again for all replies and help. This forum is the one place on the internet I feel home! Lol

I'm up on a single story with safety harness and good weather and I get nervous - not gettin' any younger either. Sounds like you're making the right call. There are a million guys out there that will slap up a roof for discount price - recipe for disaster. Good luck with everything....

Well boys were here today working hard they had to shovel off roof first. Of course there was no snow here till tues then we got a good 6". Poor guys I setup my heater in the shop so they could get warm periodically. Definetly doing a good job I've been watching. They figure another two days to finish it all and shop.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wife wanted black wasn't my first choice. Happy wife happy life

Looks good. Maybe you realize now that not all contractors are bad?
There's plenty of bad ones out there, but there's plenty of bad home owners out there too....
Due diligence, check references, be leary of anyone who can "do it right away", check insurance certificates, and you'll weed out 90% of the loosers out there.
Roofing sucks, roofing in the winter is bitter sweet, you're busting ass in the sun so you're staying as warm as you can but the shingles are like slate and don't cooperate at all.

If you're in a windy area, consider having them torch it when they're done. It'll get em to stick together and stay put. Either way, doubt you'll have any issues.

Always liked that house style, farmers porch, etc. Nice place, must feel good having that roof buttoned down now.

Thanks the porch is one thing we really loved about this house. Almost done they will be done tommorow. They just have to finish shop and porch. Poor guys have been working their asses off. I'll post some pictures Tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.