1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Control panel or wiring harness?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Flem, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flem

Flem Member

Loc:
    Western MD
    The control panel on my Whitfield Profile 30 is acting funny. Setting lights blink off and on, and of course causes the stove to act up. When I reach behind and hold the wiring harness in tight against the panel, it runs fine. Not sure if it's the panel or harness. I did clean the connections to make sure dust didn't make it in. Hate to shell out $300 for the panel if I don't have to. Any suggestions on how tell to which it is?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I would say the connections are loose. I had this happen many times on equipment at work.

Shutdown and Unplug the stove. Take the connector off the board. Use a small micro screw driver or a paper clip straighten out. The female connectors on the plug end open up after time. Close them up some and see if it make a better connection. Also look at the wires and make sure they aren't coming out of the plastic connector.

Hard to explain but it works.
  3. velotocht

velotocht New Member

Loc:
    Dutchess Co, NY
    Flem:
    YOur problem sounds just like mine --- did. I just made a post called "Whitfield Profile30 wiring harness' or something. Check it out. I think Pin 14 (neutra wire) is burned. I have also posted a fix. RonB
  4. mudlakes

mudlakes New Member

I have a similar problem. The heat and blower lights flash on and off. And as they do you can hear a popping. I can shine a light up the feed shoot and everything starts working except the ignitor because the photo eye sensed the light thinking there is fire. It will run for a short time then shut down with the green power light flashing rapidly. If I push the power button the Red and Yellow, heat and blower lights flash on and off and the popping sound starts again.
    If I push the power button while it is running after shining the light into it, it shuts down. And pushing it again sometimes it will start the start-up sequence and the stove will work normally for a while.Sometimes a few cycles (it's on a thermostat) sometimes for a couple days. Then it will shut down with the green light flashing rapidly and I have to go through the, light up the shoot, turn it off, turn it on process (sometimes many times) to get it going again.
    I don't won't to buy a control board at $360 to find out that's not the problem.
    Any ideas.
  5. gonzo499

gonzo499 Member

Loc:
    slc, UT
    ...mine is doing the same frustrating thing. I'm going to mess with the harness now, i'll let y'all know how it goes. (even though this thread is old-someone may come along and ask about it again, right?)
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Start a new thread with your problems instead of digging up old threads.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.