Control panel or wiring harness?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
The control panel on my Whitfield Profile 30 is acting funny. Setting lights blink off and on, and of course causes the stove to act up. When I reach behind and hold the wiring harness in tight against the panel, it runs fine. Not sure if it's the panel or harness. I did clean the connections to make sure dust didn't make it in. Hate to shell out $300 for the panel if I don't have to. Any suggestions on how tell to which it is?

Flem said:
The control panel on my Whitfield Profile 30 is acting funny. Setting lights blink off and on, and of course causes the stove to act up. When I reach behind and hold the wiring harness in tight against the panel, it runs fine. Not sure if it's the panel or harness. I did clean the connections to make sure dust didn't make it in. Hate to shell out $300 for the panel if I don't have to. Any suggestions on how tell to which it is?

I would say the connections are loose. I had this happen many times on equipment at work.

Shutdown and Unplug the stove. Take the connector off the board. Use a small micro screw driver or a paper clip straighten out. The female connectors on the plug end open up after time. Close them up some and see if it make a better connection. Also look at the wires and make sure they aren't coming out of the plastic connector.

Hard to explain but it works.

Flem:
YOur problem sounds just like mine --- did. I just made a post called "Whitfield Profile30 wiring harness' or something. Check it out. I think Pin 14 (neutra wire) is burned. I have also posted a fix. RonB

I have a similar problem. The heat and blower lights flash on and off. And as they do you can hear a popping. I can shine a light up the feed shoot and everything starts working except the ignitor because the photo eye sensed the light thinking there is fire. It will run for a short time then shut down with the green power light flashing rapidly. If I push the power button the Red and Yellow, heat and blower lights flash on and off and the popping sound starts again.
If I push the power button while it is running after shining the light into it, it shuts down. And pushing it again sometimes it will start the start-up sequence and the stove will work normally for a while.Sometimes a few cycles (it's on a thermostat) sometimes for a couple days. Then it will shut down with the green light flashing rapidly and I have to go through the, light up the shoot, turn it off, turn it on process (sometimes many times) to get it going again.
I don't won't to buy a control board at $360 to find out that's not the problem.
Any ideas.

...mine is doing the same frustrating thing. I'm going to mess with the harness now, i'll let y'all know how it goes. (even though this thread is old-someone may come along and ask about it again, right?)

Start a new thread with your problems instead of digging up old threads.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.