Convection blower cross reference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pell it

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2011
Rhode Island
I have tried Fasco's site and grainger with no luck so I decided to call in the heavy hitters!

Even though the stove is but a few months old and still under warranty, its nice to have a spare available.

Even just a replacement for the motor itself would be fine. If I have to, I can pull it out again and sketch up all the measurements and go about it that way.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7249-1.jpg
    IMG_7249-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 645
I found a complete replacement for my sis's P38. I misplaced my notes and don't remember the number(CRS is bad lately)! Can you see if there is a tag/label on the blower housiing. Also snap a picture of the whole thing.

I'll try to see if a cross comes from these numbers on the motor. But if i remeber correctly. She didn't pay 4100 bucks for the complete blower. Most of the Harman blowers are Daytons anyway! ;-)

j-takeman said:
I found a complete replacement for my sis's P38. I misplaced my notes and don't remember the number(CRS is bad lately)! Can you see if there is a tag/label on the blower housiing. Also snap a picture of the whole thing.

I'll try to see if a cross comes from these numbers on the motor. But if i remeber correctly. She didn't pay 4100 bucks for the complete blower. Most of the Harman blowers are Daytons anyway! ;-)

j.- there are no other tags / labels on the blower housing. I know once I get all the dimensions of the motor itself its just a matter of matching it up at grainger. I even tried multiple emails to fasco with no response. I did get a price from US Stove (don't have it in front of me) but it was not attractive. I would think that motor would be @ 50 bucks or so tops. Why replace the squirrel cage and housing also.

Attachments

• IMG_8491-1.jpg
    IMG_8491-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2855-1.jpg
    IMG_2855-1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 361
This is one blower assy and I think it was for the P38(not 100% sure)

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Shaded-Pole-Blower-2C647

Here is one and I think it was for one of the larger P series stoves. Again not 100% sure. Can't find my old notes! Errr.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Shaded-Pole-Blower-6FHX9

Look carefully at this list below and you might be able to find the exact model for yours. Once we get the model number. The motor should be an easy target.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...=search&Ntt=shaded+pole+blower&N=0&sst=subset

pell it said:
j-takeman said:

j.- there are no other tags / labels on the blower housing. I know once I get all the dimensions of the motor itself its just a matter of matching it up at grainger. I even tried multiple emails to fasco with no response. I did get a price from US Stove (don't have it in front of me) but it was not attractive. I would think that motor would be @ 50 bucks or so tops. Why replace the squirrel cage and housing also.

Ah, I see what ya got now. Very similar to the HB-RBM121 that the Whitfields have in them. Best price I seen was like $170 somethingg for the whole blower unit. Motor on that one is a special app unit and will be impossible to cross. Might be a good candidate for the bearing replacement. Bearings will be around $6 bucks.

Hello

I have seen reviews and these OEM convection blowers seem to have alot of vibration and are very noisy. That is because the motor is vertically on top of the squirrel cage. I have seen it replaced with a Magnum MF3541 230 CFM also.

Does your blower sound as noisy as the one I have in the video I made in this thread?
See > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-setting-when-1st-fired-up-for-a-while.87469/

The US Stove 5660 OEM motor is 120 CFM which seems to be small for a 48k BTU stove!

I was thinking about a 135 CFM like the harmans or even a 160 CFM like the Enviro.

However since the mounting flange is next to the stove inside floor, the squirrel cage must be on the outside when mounted so the side door will close! So care must be taken to get a blower configured to do this!

you need a CCW spinning under 2AMP that moves at least 124CFM and it needs to be sealed bearing. with those specs and nothing taller than the one you have (which isn't likely) you should be able to find something. CCW convection motors are tough to find. the whitfield one posted earlier is one that will work.

Here is the US Stove Company's direct replacement.
Better balanced with no noisy vibrating black motor case! It is free under the 12 month warranty.

Original US Stove Fasco Convection Blower Specs
22-11A
Fasco 119480-00
F33HA10069
120 VAC 60Hz 1.9amps
T.P.L.B.
Thermally Protected
12B Max AMB 40Deg C

New US Stove Replacement Warranty Fasco Convection Blower Specs
Fasco 70582397 11-12A
J238-150 E64080 E48562
120v 60Hz. 1.9a
T.P.L.B.

See problem with Orig Blower here
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ng-when-1st-fired-up-for-a-while.87469/page-2

Attachments

• USstoveReplacementConvectionBlowerSC (2).JPG
    USstoveReplacementConvectionBlowerSC (2).JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 382
  • USstoveReplacementConvectionBlowerSC (3).JPG
    USstoveReplacementConvectionBlowerSC (3).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 280
....I know once I get all the dimensions of the motor itself its just a matter of matching it up at grainger.......
Just bring the whole motor/blower unit with you....they can match the motor up if they have it in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.