1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Converting my oil boiler to wood pellets.

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by AndrewChurchill, Mar 16, 2012.

1. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Euro three pass boilers are much better setup for a pellet conversion, unlike the pin-type boilers that aould take longer to clean and would accumulate ash in more places, but this has already been said.

TS

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Ahh I have a multi pass Burnham LE. It looks like a good foot or two of heating surface is lost to ash.

That efficiency number is just from analyzing gases of combustion, right? Won't really give you a effective heat transfer ratio. If you measured you flue temperature over time as ash builds up, you'd probably notice when / if you are losing efficiency from losing heating surface, although its probably negligible, and still cheaper then oil =)
  3. AndrewChurchill

AndrewChurchill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Vermont
    I think you mean cheaper than oil...... =)
  4. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Sound like my English Major woman. Your Youre Yar Then than their there. BAH HUM BUG, if I was speaking, you wouldnt wouldn't would'nt would not know the difference!
  5. AndrewChurchill

AndrewChurchill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Vermont
    I think I would. Then and Than should be pronounced differently...... =)