Converting my oil boiler to wood pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro three pass boilers are much better setup for a pellet conversion, unlike the pin-type boilers that aould take longer to clean and would accumulate ash in more places, but this has already been said.

TS

Ahh I have a multi pass Burnham LE. It looks like a good foot or two of heating surface is lost to ash.

That efficiency number is just from analyzing gases of combustion, right? Won't really give you a effective heat transfer ratio. If you measured you flue temperature over time as ash builds up, you'd probably notice when / if you are losing efficiency from losing heating surface, although its probably negligible, and still cheaper then oil =)

I think you mean cheaper than oil...... =)

Sound like my English Major woman. Your Youre Yar Then than their there. BAH HUM BUG, if I was speaking, you wouldnt wouldn't would'nt would not know the difference!

I think I would. Then and Than should be pronounced differently...... =)

Status
Not open for further replies.