1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Cooking on the Harman TLC-2000

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by zeke7237, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke7237

zeke7237 New Member

Any of you TLC-2000 people get and use the grill insert? My wife insisted that we get it when we ordered the stove, and though I was skeptical we went ahead and got it. First attempt was a couple of boneless chicken breasts, and they came out great! Ribeyes seared perfectly! No off tastes at all. Only problem is the fat dripping into the fire spatters on the front glass a little bit, but it cleaned off pretty easy next time we had the stove cooled off.

Gonna try some chicken satay this evening :)

I'd be interested to hear what others are cooking on it

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    that's...................awesome!!!!!

I've got nothing to add, except how cool I think the TLC really is
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    That is slick. But I get the impression from all of the raving about Pacific Energy stoves that a Summit insert would not only cook the chicken but would pluck it first too.
  4. bruce

bruce Member

Loc:
    long pond pa
    i love the grill on the harman, great food free energy, after u get used to it its great!
  5. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    Hi Zeke,

I am glad to read that the cooking grill is working out for you. I have been interested in a Harman Oakwood cast iron stove that has the same feature. Problem is that the clearances are too large for my install :( It is gorgous but alas, it will not happen. Then I looked at the harman Exception ( I do not like plate steel too much but I will settle for it because it has top loading and a cooking grill, but again, clearances are 14 inch in a corner install.

So I have to settle for something else. Don't know yet what, but the midsized Lopi, Quadrafire and avalon stoves have small clearances. And the cast iron Hearthstone Shelburne (gorgous), but that is very expensive.

Still on the prowl for the ultimate stove (cast iron, top loading, grill, EPA II approved, non cat, and small clearances)

Carpniels
  6. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

You should try cooking tenderloin on it once...Absolutley wonderful. To bad the TL200 doesn't have the rotisserie option like the Oakwood has....Now that is a cookin machine.
  7. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    ANother reason I really like the Oakwood. Rotisserie!!!!!!!

Carpniels
  8. bruce

bruce Member

Loc:
    long pond pa
    go with the top loading harman
  9. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Rotisserie?

HOLY COW, i never noticed that!!!!
  10. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

using this option is awesome....slow cooked meal - can't beat it. Putting a beef or pork roast on one of the rotisseris for about 6 to 7 hours really is GREAT eats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.