Cool trail cam photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
I have been clearing an area behind my house to start a small food plot for deer and critters next spring. After removing a bunch of brush and grape vines from under a little oak tree the deer decided it was a good place to make a scrape. As the opportunity presented I decided to put one of my cams on it and see what stops by and to enhance the potential for cool pics I added the hide and carcass from a buck I arrowed on Friday. Well this morning I swapped the card and here is some of what showed up - Together. Buck and Raptor.

Attachments

• Buck and hawk (2).JPG
    Buck and hawk (2).JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 658
  • Buck and hawk (1).JPG
    Buck and hawk (1).JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 283
Is that a red tailed hawk? Pretty cool pics.
Got to see a bald eagle and a large golden eagle fight each other last weekend. A first for me.

Yea jags - looks to be a juvenile because most of the ones I get on my cams over a carcass seem a lot taller. Amazing how quickly they get on a free meal. I get yotes too. But mostly at night.

Great look of suspicion from Mr. Redtail !

That is a sweet picture Bob. A keeper for sure.

That was cool. Just out of curiosity, does the camera make any noise when it shoots? It's almost as if they were both looking at it

This cam is an IR so it takes BW at night and color(obviously) during the day. there is a slight noise and the IR lights up a dim red in the dark so it can be detected but no where near as easily as the old flash cams. Personally I don't care or think the flash really bothers them but it sure make the cam more obvious for "would be" thieves and the IR cams last way longer as far as batteries go. I have literally thousands of pics from the area I hunt. I feel it is almost as fun as hunting because there is always the potential cool factor when you go pull the cards. Here is some night shots.

Attachments

• Night Rope.JPG
    Night Rope.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Night Curve.JPG
    Night Curve.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Night Longbow.JPG
    Night Longbow.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 10,598
  • Night Doe.JPG
    Night Doe.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 292
Bob, I thought you might enjoy these. Same buck in both pictures.

Big hog-1.jpg Big hog-2.jpg

My god you guys really make me miss hunting season in northern Michigan. Talked to buddies through email, hunting camp is in full swing. All I have seen over here is a desert fox. No trees, no deer, no fires (unless you count the burn pit for trash), and no beer. No wonder the people here are mad and fighting all the time.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
WOW - Dennis. That is one awesome buck. Part of why I love the cameras so much is the potential for pics like that!! You just never know what is out there.

On that note it cracks me up all the talk about a wild hog invasion in Michigan. I know some exist and that they are very destructive in numbers but the numbers claimed vs. reality is very off. With all the cameras in the woods(100's of Thousands) just in Michigan and many sitting over piles of bait there is very, very few pics of hogs taken leading to a not so scientific conclusion that they are just not there in any significant numbers. I spend a lot of time on the Michigan outdoors website and pig pics are rare.

I hope you get that buck Dennis. I'm tagged out for the year. At least for buck tags

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Between work and this crappy weather I've only been out 1 day this gun season :( but going out tomorrow moring again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.