Cord Calculators!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are cute, but gee whiz...you still gotta go out and measure the woodpile. So long as you know a cord is 128 ft³, and you have very basic math skills and a little handheld calculator, you can figure it on the spot rather than going back and plugging the dimensions into the computer. In any case, I see no reason not to have a sticky with links like these...probably most appropriately in the Wood Shed forum. Sorry your post in the Suggestion Box has ellicited no response...it really doesn't get a whole lot of traffic and sometimes it takes a while. Lemme see what I can do with this, Tick. Rick

Done. Rick

When the days splitting is done on an off-hand quantity and it's quitting time these calc's will surely help. thanks. Er... does that mean I have to go out and prove they are right?

Cave2k said:
When the days splitting is done on an off-hand quantity and it's quitting time these calc's will surely help. thanks. Er... does that mean I have to go out and prove they are right?

If you can prove one wrong, you should definitely get hold of the folks who published it and let them know. Rick

Cool! Thanks! I don't think I could find a handheld calculator in my house, I would have to be sitting here on my butt in front of the computer! Plus, like, this takes figuring out the calculations, like, easier, for those of us who aren't so into, um MATH! Thanks again, Cool!

What we really need is a calculator that shows how much wood is actually in the wood delivery truck box when it is just thrown in there instead of being stacked... like it almost always is.

Status
Not open for further replies.