Cord Wood or Bio-Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. I have my dry wood supply all set for this winter but Im thinking of buying a pallet of bricks to store in the garage to mix in here and there. This is only my second season heating with wood so its hard to judge exactly how much ill need so these bricks will sort of be a insurance incase my wood supply starts to run slow. If it turns out to be a mild winter I can use the bricks more often and use my splits on the coldest days/weeks.
Nothing wrong with that plan. As you've read others have really liked them including at least one other 550 owner I can think of. May have something to do with the quality of the different products or even different lots from the same manufacturer.

I have my dry wood supply all set for this winter but Im thinking of buying a pallet of bricks to store in the garage to mix in here and there.
There it is... I think "both" is the perfect answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.