Corinth Pellets East Coast Burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Was wondering what the east coast burners think about these pellets and pricing. I found a local off the map distributor ( by chance) that sells the Corinth blend pellets for 5.50 per bag or 250 for a ton. Pellet prices in Boston are high in general even when purchased in the off season ( not to mention the delivery). I can pick these up with a friend's truck however I wanted to get a census on how these pellets burn. I have been researching and a lot of pellet direct sites have the same pellet at 310 per ton not including delivery. Are these pellets good? I am new to burning just started this season. ThAnks

On the main pellet forum page, there are two threads near the top that give pellet supply info and pellet reviews. If you search the web, there are a couple of sites that do pellet reviews also. Price is good, just can't advise on the pellets as I can't get them here!

Good luck in the pellet hunt!

Reactions: jtakeman
Well,to be honest...I live in Maine,and I stay away from the Maine blends. MWP softies are good but harder to get, I get LG's for 260 per ton.
They all burn ok but I found they make the stove real dirty,real quick....softwoods are the way to go if you can....IMO

Reactions: DMKNLD
never burned them, so can't help with that. Price is comparable, found a place by me in NH that has them for 265/ton. I'm also a newbie this season, right now I have a few bags of LG Granules (softwood), MWP blend (non box store variety) and Wood Fiber (soft wood). So far you get what you pay for as far as ash goes. MWP;s being the cheapest and ashiest, but still not bad.

Bought a ton a few years ago ...............heat seemed pretty good, average ash ........... BUT ................. as soon as I put them in the cellar, developed a smell that wouldn't go away until summer came and I could leave the door and windows open for a few days ............ but like I said that was 6 years ago ....................

I used these a lot last year and was happy with them. The first ton I bought, 2 years ago, left a lot of large clinkers in the burn pot. The last year our local supplier had these, MWP, and Crabbe, and these burned significantly hotter in my stove than the other 2, so I used less pellets and stayed warmer. The bag says it replaces 2.3 gallons of fuel oil, which they should take off as advertising, because that means my $5.30 cent bag of pellets is replacing $4.60 cents worth of fuel oil.

Reactions: Jack9211
Status
Not open for further replies.