Corn stove multi-fuel conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaw818

Oct 22, 2014
Minnesota
Just started heating this season for the first time with a st.Croix Auburn corn stove. I absolutely love it. I haven't had to turn it off the lowest setting yet and it's kept my house cozy so far. The reason I bought it is that my main heat source is propane, and last winter nearly broke the bank. I found this stove used for a great deal, and corn is dirt cheap this year, so I filled the gravity box and I should be good for this season, and likely half of next. However, I know the price of corn can be very volitle, and for the future, I would like options in case next time I need to break out the check book corn isn't so cheap. My stove is currently a "corn only" stove, but people say that it can be converted to multi-fuel fairly easily. However, I am having trouble finding any detailed information on what you need to do and where to get the conversion kit.

Does anyone have information and experience doing this? What multi-fuel options are available? Is it just corn/pellet, or are there other options as well?

Thanks in advance

Your stove is rated for wood pellets, distillers grain pellets, corn, wheat, rye or cherry pits.

Your stove is rated for wood pellets, distillers grain pellets, corn, wheat, rye or cherry pits.

All the stickers say otherwise. I can't find information online about this model being a corn-only stove, but mine certainly appears that way as you can see in the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 276
Yeah, on their website it appears the only thing they make is a multi-fuel version. Mine is older, so possibly they discontinued the corn only model?

Since your stove is clearly labeled corn only, I wouldn't try anything else in it. I would contact St Croix directly and ask.

Reactions: Johnny_Fiv3
I agree with Tim. They may have a conversion kit that can be purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.