Cornith 100 % softwood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
I see on there web site they make 100 % softwood pellets, anyone try them and what color is the bag.

slls said:
I see on there web site they make 100 % softwood pellets, anyone try them and what color is the bag.

Does this mean they stopped using cardboard, or that the cardboard is made from 100% softwood, now???????

I guess I will have to drive over that way and buy a bag to try, I prefer 100 % softwood to anything else.

hoss, I assume you have had trouble with Corinth pellets.

slls said:
I guess I will have to drive over that way and buy a bag to try, I prefer 100 % softwood to anything else.

I burned a ton last year, found them quite dusty and had a distinct "garbagey" odor. Was told by a source that I consider reliable that the smell started when they began mixing cardboard in the formula.

A large local dealer is selling MWP for $209 a ton, energex for $239 a ton and Cornith for $239 a ton.
I figured they must good selling at that price.

slls said:
A large local dealer is selling MWP for $209 a ton, energex for $239 a ton and Cornith for $239 a ton.
I figured they must good selling at that price.

You might be right.I've got a '93 Dodge 1/2 ton I'd sell for $87,650. It's a good one.

You think those MWP will burn. I tried a small demo bag I was given and they would not get a flame out of the burn pot.

slls said:
You think those MWP will burn. I tried a small demo bag I was given and they would not get a flame out of the burn pot.

Well, from what I have heard. There Super Premium quality at or below a Premium price. I plan on a trial of 2 bags just to see whats cooking! If they are what most are saying I will make some extra room for them in the basement. I am waiting for the new bags to arrive at a local pellet house. The current price is $210/ton and about the lowest around these parts.

Hopefully I can find some of the Cornith 100% softwood too! anybody got a picture of the bag so I know what to look for?

j-takeman said:
slls said:

Well, from what I have heard. There Super Premium quality at or below a Premium price. I plan on a trial of 2 bags just to see whats cooking! If they are what most are saying I will make some extra room for them in the basement. I am waiting for the new bags to arrive at a local pellet house. The current price is $210/ton and about the lowest around these parts.

Hopefully I can find some of the Cornith 100% softwood too! anybody got a picture of the bag so I know what to look for?
its supposed to have a moose on the bag

looks like this i imagine (google search)

corinthpellets.jpg

hossthehermit said:
slls said:

I burned a ton last year, found them quite dusty and had a distinct "garbagey" odor. Was told by a source that I consider reliable that the smell started when they began mixing cardboard in the formula.

I am not sure who your "reliable" source is but you should really check your facts before you post untrue comments. Corinth Wood Pellets does not and never has used cardboard in their pellets.

j-takeman said:
slls said:

Corinth Wood pellets does not currently produce a 100% softwood pellet for heating purposes. They manufacture a hardwood blend about 85% hardwood to 15% softwood. Current ash testing is showing that they have had results under .5 percent. Contact the mill if you have any questions or would like to see current test results

Status
Not open for further replies.