1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Corrosion inhibitor

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by jbob, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jbob

jbob New Member

I recently fired up my ODWB "central boiler 4030". I left a connection loose. A lil less than half of my treated water was lost. Are they anyway of keeping track of the water I add back to be able to add the correct corrosion inhibitor without draining my boer completely and starting all over?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
    I would guess that it's prolly "the more the better" within reason type situation. Can you get a hold of your dealer?
    I'm not a OWB owner but I understand that most of them are an "open" or unpressurised system and have heard that corrosion protection is critical in these set ups.
    Check out http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php there are a bunch of OWB guys there that will help out.
  3. harttj

harttj Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    Use the central boiler water testing kit.
  4. heaterman

heaterman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Falmouth, Michigan
    And be sure to use CB's own $100/gallon chemical or your warranty will be void. Save the receipt as proof that you purchased/used their treatment.