1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Could have had my stove installed today but...

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by swimman, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimman

swimman Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Received a call from my dealer that they had to cancel an install today as the unit (Lopi Yankee Bay) would not fit the fireplace of a customer and asked me if I wanted it installed this afternoon. Not 15 minutes prior to this call did I start a fire in the fireplace. As well, I need to clean the flue, vacuum out the fireplace, and plan to paint the brick inserts. I'm somewhat disappointed as now I will have to wait until 1/6 which was the planned install date. I'm sure these additional two plus weeks will mean absolutely nothing once I have the stove but it would have been nice.

Well, back to dreaming about the sound of pellets landing in the firepot.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bungalobob

bungalobob Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central ct
    My order came in two weeks early, the hearth I was building was not completed but was solid for the stove. I said bring it on. I now am enjoying the sweet heat of my Harman P68. Couldn't be happier with the decision. But, now that it is installed, I have gotten lazy with the Hearth. I need to finish the trim and hang the paneling behind it and put up the planned imitation mantle. But, I'll get to it sooner or later, maybe after the holidays. Loving the fire! Good luck on yours, at least you won't have to work on it after the stove gets installed.
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    Bummer! but i have to say "kudo's to your dealer" for offering, its a comfy thing when your dealer is already thinking of you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.