• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jrodriguez2023

Nov 19, 2023
New Mexico
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time starting a thread on this forum. I’ll get straight to the point. We purchased a Grand Teton Gros Ventre October 16,2023 (we were on a budget). Out of the box the blower was shot. Then the smell (we did the 1-2hr burn off before installing in our home) was horrible that it was throwing out. Like a bonfire was in the middle of the room, no smoke visible. Our last straw was it started with what sounded like a jet plane in our room.
Long story short GT customer service said to exchange it at our local store. Got that done yesterday.
Now because of all this I’m traumatized. I’m a mom of 3 and now I’m paranoid about everything. None the less this is my issue.

We installed the pellet stove today after burning off the oils and curing the paint outside. We started it up and it started running fine. However I have a vibration on the floor of our living room where it’s located and i just wanna make sure it’s normal? We live in a mobile home if that matters at all. Here is what my set up looks like.

Thank you for any help you can provide. I just need to make sure I’m just over thinking it and it’s just fear. Sorry if I sound crazy IMG_4370.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4369.mov
    8.3 MB