Country Boy White lightening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
Anyone here burning these pellets? I have run a few bags, and so far delighted. They are good with heat and seem to be low ash, but I am not running them around the clock to really know the ash situation. Also these are the smallest pellets in my stash, at around 1/2 inch or less. I wonder how much that helps for a cleaner hotter burn.

They are Oak, from a flooring mill. They seem to compare with cubex and are $1 cheaper per bag.

Burned some last season. Very good pellet IMHO Hot and clean, with low fines. Slightly dusty but not real bad. Very similar to the Turmans brand I really like as well. Turmans is also an all oak pellet.

Size has nothing to do with the ash content or how clean a pellet burns. Small size will usually put more fuel to the fire and increase heat. Where the clean comes from is the fiber or lack of ash content in the fiber. Oak is one of the top fibers IMHO for making a nice clean burning pellet. Just my 2 nickles.

We burnt 2 bags from a buck stove store locally here and,like J,were impressed with the temps,cleanliness of burn....235/ton cash and carry......we will definitely be getting more when we burn some of these liggies down...

Reactions: jtakeman
I'm interested to hear how fast you burn through a bag on a colder day (25 or below). I looked at these and the pellet seems very small to me. I figured they'd burn fast and I went with turmans.

Status
Not open for further replies.