Covered Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, as I watched stacks bake in the sun for the past week I figured with the upcoming forecast for rain I would cover with sheet metal all the stacks. My moisture meter read 18-20% inside..I doub that I will get much drier than that. So I covered them on top with metal roofing, sides still exposed. Still have anouther two months to dry, should be perfect.

We always wait until the fall rains start, which, around here are followed quickly by snow. I like to leave the wood uncovered as long as possible to allow for better evaporation.

i typically do to, but this wood isnt gonna get any drier.

I thought about it, really I did, but there is still a lot of nice and hot days to be had along with the fall winds. I'm shooting for the first weekend in September to cover the top with plastic again.

We are expecting fay to be upon us for about 3 solid days.

Yeah, I am wondering what the broad will end up bringing for sure...

We had half an inch of rain today with cold front passage.Fay is nothing more than a very weak low with some tropical moisture left.By the time it gets here in the NE it may bring scattered showers at best.I still have two cords mostly covered!mosture readings around 15%.One cord in wood shed around 25% and about a face cord of new wood ive been cutting from the woods ranginging from mid 2os to >36.

Status
Not open for further replies.