Covering Stacks using rubber roofing you got for free, Where do you all get it ?????

HDRock Posted By HDRock, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

1. HDRock

HDRock
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2012
    Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    So many people using rubber roofing they got for free, Where do you all get it ?????
    The regular tarps I'm using are a PITA , and I know they will fall apart after a while<>

2. bigbarf48

bigbarf48
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 21, 2012
    Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    I can't speak for that but right now I've got a few stacks covered with old laminate doors I found at the trash. Obviously not as durable but it keeps the wood dry. They've been on there a few months and they're still holding up okay

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Talk to some construction crews or better yet, roofing crews. When they replace, the stuff is still good for covering firewood. I lucked out once and simply asked and got a big square of new stuff free.

4. ansehnlich1

ansehnlich1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2006
    Loc:
    Adams County, PA
    I lucked out and found a mess of it on craigslist. I don't know where the guy got it but he had 10x14, 12x18, and such sized pieces. Some of it has some kind of fiber reinforcement in it, I mean it's really heavy duty stuff, perfect.

I cut strips a couple inches wider than a row of split wood and just roll it out on top, throw some block or locust rounds on top and that's it. I cut a few pieces 2 rows wide too.

I tried all the rest, and the rubber roofing is the BEST!