1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Covering Stacks using rubber roofing you got for free, Where do you all get it ?????

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by HDRock, Mar 13, 2013.

1. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    So many people using rubber roofing they got for free, Where do you all get it ?????
    The regular tarps I'm using are a PITA , and I know they will fall apart after a while<>

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    I can't speak for that but right now I've got a few stacks covered with old laminate doors I found at the trash. Obviously not as durable but it keeps the wood dry. They've been on there a few months and they're still holding up okay
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Talk to some construction crews or better yet, roofing crews. When they replace, the stuff is still good for covering firewood. I lucked out once and simply asked and got a big square of new stuff free.
  4. ansehnlich1

ansehnlich1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Adams County, PA
    I lucked out and found a mess of it on craigslist. I don't know where the guy got it but he had 10x14, 12x18, and such sized pieces. Some of it has some kind of fiber reinforcement in it, I mean it's really heavy duty stuff, perfect.

I cut strips a couple inches wider than a row of split wood and just roll it out on top, throw some block or locust rounds on top and that's it. I cut a few pieces 2 rows wide too.

I tried all the rest, and the rubber roofing is the BEST!