1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Cracked fire brick on Harman P38

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by m159267, Mar 9, 2013.

1. m159267

m159267 Member

Loc:
    East-Central MO
    Just went to clean the stove and there it was. Obviously a result of my last burn several days ago. There was no indication of a crack prior to this. Stove is about 6 years old. Is there a problem burning with a crack of that size? I realize the brick will have to be replaced but is it usable until then? If anyone has replaced a brick how much of a job is it? Appreciate your time...

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Looks like regular fire brick. I had a bunch of cracked ones in a wood stove I had and it was no problem. Seems like you are missing a few there. They only cost above five bucks per. I would burn with it cracked if it was my stove.
  3. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    The brick are set into a channel that is snug but not real tight. Very easy to replace. Brick are there to help keep the rear hopper from getting to hot. I wouldn't fire it full bore. Local Menards had them for reasonable price.