craigslist folly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Just listed my remaining half ton Freedom Fuels on craigslist. I put them at $120.00

this is the response from someone

"If you are selling a half ton this means you have 15 bags @ 40 pounds each = $8.00 per bag. I am pretty sure they sell for $5.99 ($30.00 over retail) at Shur Save and cheaper at Lowes, Walmart, and Home Depot."

We ain't no smart here in central ny...

When you consider that only half of the people between 19 and 26 can't even point out on a map where NY is, you can't expect too much from our education system. I wonder how many of them live in NY!!!!

dhungy said:
Just listed my remaining half ton Freedom Fuels on craigslist. I put them at $120.00

this is the response from someone

"If you are selling a half ton this means you have 15 bags @ 40 pounds each = $8.00 per bag. I am pretty sure they sell for $5.99 ($30.00 over retail) at Shur Save and cheaper at Lowes, Walmart, and Home Depot."

We ain't no smart here in central ny...

Well that's not really news is it? At least they got the $120/15 result correct even if the 15 was supposed to be 25. Sounds like they can divide but haven't a clue about how many pounds are in a half ton. Seems fractions and weights escape them, I think that they are challenged or have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.