Craigslist - Lost New Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
This had to hurt.

"My 2 month old MS-290 chainsaw fell out of my truckbed last night when I pulled out of the Apple Mountain Exxon..
Please contact me if you picked up this chainsaw Saturday night. I don't make alot of money, I paid for this SAW by working hard, and I use this chainsaw
to get wood so that I can stay warm during the winter. "

Once lost every tool out of a side storage of a utility cap. Worked about 15 hours one day, finishing at 9pm or so. Loaded the truck and did not notice that the side door, located on the dark side of the truck, was still opened. Went in for something odd and it never registered to check that compartment. Lost about 1200 in tools, most likely on the first left turn I made after leaving. Spoils the addage of working hard pays off. There is a limit to that philosophy.

What's worse all that hard work down the drain or having to tell your wife what you did.

The moment that I found out it happened was when I parked the truck and was checking to see that all doors were locked. Went around the passanger side to find not only an unlocked door, but an open door. I think the neighbors new that I was not happy, let alone my wife.

I was helping a friend years ago cut down a tree. Stopped at the bar for a case of beer. (He was buying) as we walked out a guy was walking in with a chainsaw in his hand. I said "look Lee a saw just like mine" the guy handed me my saw and said "you shouldn't leave your saw in the back of your truck, someone might steal it." That was almost the most expensive case of beer I ever bought.
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.