Craigslist...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
Who knows what this will turn out to be, but someone near me on CL is advertising some 4 yr seasoned firewood for $50 because she got a gas stove. I wrote and asked how much wood, she said she thinks there's around two cords in two stacks, and I can have one for $50 and both for $75. I want to jump on this and go look at it "just in case!" Even if those are face cords, if it's 4 yrs seasoned hardwood that isn't punky, that's worth $75 right?
But If it's a little stack of pine or something I will tell her to forget it...

If that is two real cord, you better move fast. Dry wood seems to get a good premium over green if you can find it.

She said a tree guy told her it's about two cords, and that it's hardwood that consists mostly of gumball, maple, and oak. I know gumball's not much good but for that price for good dry wood, I think we better get it! We have a bunch of maple now, and a bunch of scrounged stuff of all kinds, dogwood, etc, but other than the maple a lot of it won't be much good to burn this winter, so I want to try to get ahead a little bit!

Better hurry good stuff gets taken mighty fast on CL!

Gonna try to go tonight to see it and pay if it's any good. Maybe take the first load.

tickbitty said:
Gonna try to go tonight to see it and pay if it's any good. Maybe take the first load.

You know the deal: pics or it simply did not happen! :p

Well, we got it, but I'm having some buyer's remorse, 'cause it maybe shoulda been free! It's about a cord or less, and some of it definitely punky. Hopefully not that much (but probably...yeah). Dirty stuff, but it will burn. We should have passed on it probably, but we didn;t. It will burn, it will burn will be my mantra on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.