cranky craigslist seller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
Dude is aweful picky about his potential buyers. And new trailers in his price range are pretty nice too.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/4440735526.html

You must send a phone number via email for me to reply, that is my spam filter. I cannot text, I can only call. I will call you back (initial contact will be from a blocked number so I won't get text spammed) and then we can email back and forth if you wish. If your voice mail is full or not set up, or the number comes up as not in service, you won't hear from me. Thanks!

NOTE: PLEASE READ COMPLETELY, TERMS OF SALE BELOW ITEM DESCRIPTION.

This is a 2-kid capacity bike trailer made by NordicTrac, I believe in the USA like their other stuff they used to make here. It is a superior design to the other ones I have seen in that it has full-length guards around both wheels, so you don't tangle wheels with another trailer. This also makes it stronger for heavier loads as each wheel axle is supported in double-shear (both ends of the axle). THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ANYMORE, THEY ELIMINATED THAT FEATURE TO REDUCE COST. That is why the price is what it is. If this feature does not matter to you, buy a new one made in China. The trailer will hold two or one kid, and you will notice that it has a third crotch strap on center so that with only one kid, the kid can be in the center of the trailer. The trailer quickly and easily folds very compactly, with both tires fitting inside the trailer. Construction is all aluminum frame and aluminum rims. It has a rollover protection structure; All bike trailers are capable of being rolled over, if they made them wide enough so that this was impossible, they would be too wide for sidewalks. That's why the kids are strapped in at all times. Condition of everything, including the tires, is like new.

My price is $300, no taxes. It is like new, a quality maker, and is superior in design and safety to other ones I see for sale now. I looked at all of the designs before buying, this was the best design.

Again, I will not respond without a phone number and best time to call. This is an anti-spam measure. Thanks.

TERMS OF SALE:

PLEASE, NO FLAKES, TIREKICKERS, TIMEWASTERS. I AM NOT RETAIL. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME.

NO OFFERS OF TRADES. If I wanted a trade, I'd have posted in Craigslist Barter category. If you make an offer of trade despite my explicit warning, your communications will be saved and recorded. Repeated attempts to offer trades despite explicit warnings against such offers may be considered harassment under Washington State Law RCW 9.61.260(b). You have been warned.

NO FLAKES. That means you are serious about wanting to buy, you make an appointment quickly, you show up, you bring cash, you decide within 5 minutes whether you will buy or not. THIS IS LIKE EBAY, BUT WITHOUT THE SHIPPING. If you have questions, ask. If we make an appointment, that means you want to buy. DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED ABOUT THE PURCHASE. The only open question is your verifying the condition of the item is as described.

PRICE IS FIRM. As in firm. Nevertheless, some insist on making lower offers. If you do that, do it now, before we meet. I will say no. If I take the time to meet you, it is under the assumption that you will pay the advertised price.

I DON'T NEED THE BUSINESS. My time is more important than the sale. You make it easy, you get to buy. You make it complicated, you don't get to buy. "No soup for you".

CASH ONLY. No personal checks, no cashiers checks, no checks of any kind, no charge, no debit, no Paypal.

I'm a nice guy, but just have had too many waste my time, especially with offers of trades of things clearly worth much less than the item I have for sale.

Please state in your first email, "Yes, I have read and agree to the Terms Of Sale." so that I know you read them. If you don't, I will ask you, "Do you agree to the Terms Of Sale as stated in the ad?"

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Send him a text that you want to haggle.

I don't blame him a bit.
I've had the same experience on CL.
Recently posted a wanted ad for tires of a certain size on CL. With " Must leave phone # , I can not respond to emails through CL " in the ad.
I got approx. 70 responses. Very few phone #s and the ones who did leave a # had the wrong size tires !!! WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.