Crazy englishman wants to build log gassifier.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BONE

Dec 6, 2010
ENGLAND
Hi guys
I am really interested in building a homemade log gassifier, ive looked through some of the forum and i know this is the forum for info and help, .I am a plater/welder by trade with about fifteen years experience so fab side no prob, but they aint that easy to construct me thinks and run.The purpose for building one/ i like to tinker/the subject really interests me/and i would love to build a working gassifier to heat my home/water.We have gas boiler,the unit would be a add-on to the gas unit we ve got. Any guys willing to share photos, pics,and info across the pond would be great. BONE

Look in the "Boiler Room" forum. There was a guy a couple years ago built his own boiler.

There are also rough diagrams on gasifying boiler websites that have me intrigued. They show the positions of the water jackets, the refractory pieces, etc. I would look at designs for negative pressure boilers (suck air rather than pushing through fuel) because owners have less issue with smoke out the primary loading door.

Status
Not open for further replies.