The Mansfield came yesterday and is sitting on a pallet 4' in front of the hearthpad waiting for me to catch up. Also got a 25' x24" Olympic Chimney Supply blanket with mesh wrap for the low low price of 273.92 (tax included) To wrap around my 20' Olympic 316 Ti flex liner. They even threw in a roll of R-11 Insulation (50 sq ft) and a roll of Intertape Aluminum Foil Tape (ASTM E84 Rated for Flame Spread & Smoke Development - Meets HUD-BOCA Codes) The Insulation is the yellow stuff and it is fibergless btw. All thats left to do is fab the block off plate and the top plate, and finish up the prep work on the site. I'm almost there. While inspecting some of the nooks and crannys in the fireplace I noticed that there is some powedery creosote that has filled up the gap behind the metal support piece across the top of the fireplace opening. This beam will be about 1/2" from the top of the Stove so it should be getting pretty hot. How much of this stuff should I shoot for getting out? If I were to try to get it all I would have to either disassemble the fireplace or I might be able to drill a hole in the bottom of the steel and flush it from behind with water. I could try and remove a lot by hand and small vacuum hoses but I know I would leave a bit in there. The next step would be to seal the whole area up with morter (down into the cracks, close all the gaps and parch coat everything that is suspect. Does this powerery creosote encased in steel and morter so close to the stove pose a risk of fire?