Crosswood Farms / Crosswood Pellets, anyone tried these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

void791

Sep 6, 2018
K/W Ontario
Local guy close to me (K/W Ont) great price. Find they're a little ashy but I have no point of reference as this is my first season with a pellet stove. Anyone used these? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Can you just buy a bag or two to try?

It’s my first year with a pellet stove and I didn’t know what to buy either. As it will be my primary heat (technically backup for electric baseboard) I bought name brand low ash. I don’t want to spend that much every year, but it will give me a point of reference for future years when I have more time to sample different bags.

The price difference was so great per bag $1.28/bag or more I just bought 2 ton. Not entirely regretting it. It heats the house just fine and doesn't appear to be burning an obscene amount (burning just less then a bag/day heating ~2700 sq feet in a 160 year old house). The hard "ash dams" in the burn pot this stuff creates is a little annoying having to scrape those twice a day. Was just curious what other folks' experiences were like.

I have started to source other suppliers, likely going to try a few bags of this or that so I can decide what I will do for my next 2 ton on.