Isle Royal Shop Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRHill

Oct 22, 2007
Columbia River WA
After over 12 years I have had to do very little to this stove. I've replaced the rope on the doors once as well as the brick. Good unit. I bring in combustion air from the outside but it just doesn't seem to flow that well esp this year. For example the combustion air that is supposed to come out of the top loading separator - I used to be able to see the flame slightly altered at the exit holes in the tubes. Not any more.

So I'd like to do some disassembly and cleaning in the off season. The owner's manual doesn't give up any useful information so I am looking for a shop/repair manual so I don't disassemble things unnecessarily. And especially useful would be a flow diagram that shows the path/ducts for the combustion air. The local dealer is a farm/ranch store and they don't know squat but want to sell me a replacement stove. Yeah, right.

Can anyone point me to the technical information I am looking to find? Many thanks in advance.

Best, JRH