CT Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin85

Jan 15, 2008
CT
I was golfing at Hawk's Landing Golf Course in Southington today. At one of the holes I saw piles of cut wood and a man on a small backhoe. I walked over and asked the gentleman what they planned to do with the wood. He said, "We give it away." Unfortunately, I did not have my truck and it is about 35 minutes from my house. They had a huge pile of cut pine and at least one truckload of oak. The gentleman tracked me down later and told me that they also had some oak that was three years old just waiting for someone to pick it up.

I figured I would post this here in case someone is close by and can benefit. The gentleman told me his name was Junior and that he only worked mornings. I saw him leaving at noon. You might want to give a call to make sure they can hook you up. I hope this helps someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.