CTPellet spring buy just in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Just got the CT Pellet spring buy flyer in the mail this morning(perfect timimg as today IS the first day of spring!). These are definetly lower than last years prices.

Juniata 219/ton
Hamer Hot Ones 239/ton
Barefoot 249/ton
Turman 249/ton

Still awaiting what BT Enterprize's has for a spring buy special.

Funny how a local bigbox is trying to get $289/ton for Mainewoods! Don't think they will move them with deals like this!!

Which would you buy????

At first glance, I'd get the Hamer's, but upon thinking more about it, for $10 bucks more, the Barefoots would be the real way to go, IMO.

im glad i bought my stash in feb from them . 239.00 ton i dont think i will find a better price than that

Good prices for the high end pellets. Still waiting in NH for anything even close to these. I'd like to get a ton or so of Hammers/Barefoot

i want the barefoots for $225

geek said:
i want the barefoots for $225

geek,

Not sure we will get them that cheap, But we can hope! I am not buying noda until I see all prices available! Need 1 more ton to top off the stash, How about you??

jay

only have 5 bags left.

Werm said:
What........,.No Okies????

werm,

He(the owner Scott) is a bit of a "yankee". He is only selling the hardwood pellets. He hasn't had a demand for softwoods as far as I know. Trust me, I have asked on several softwood brands. I don't think he believes there as good as the hardwoods. I may be the only one asking for them, We will need more votes to get him to carry them!

I am sure BTU will chime in. There was discussion's between them about carring Okies. But I don't think they could agree on a deal.

Just my 2.
jay

I also have asked about the okies, doesn't look like they will carry them in a near future at least.

They obviously are not visiting this site enough to get educated on the benefits of softwood pellets! .............I wish I was more informed before buying my NEWP's

BTU said:
jtakeman said:
Werm said:
What........,.No Okies????

werm,

He(the owner Scott) is a bit of a "yankee". He is only selling the hardwood pellets. He hasn't had a demand for softwoods as far as I know. Trust me, I have asked on several softwood brands. I don't think he believes there as good as the hardwoods. I may be the only one asking for them, We will need more votes to get him to carry them!

I am sure BTU will chime in. There was discussion's between them about carring Okies. But I don't think they could agree on a deal.

Just my 2.
jay

Scott and I have had several conversations and even met each other down in FL last week at the HPB Expo. I think he is slowly coming around and will stock one of our brands this year sometime. He realizes that there is missed business out there, but has made a very large committment for his spring buy from his regular suppliers and has some awesome deals on those brands. I did notice that he has had to raise a couple of the prices that he had in Feb and as I have said before, I believe the bottom has been seen this year for pricing. (but of course I could be wrong) Our spring buy program went very well and I think most others (mills) have also...
I think we now hit bottom! look at BT pellet's Spring sale.

Werm said:
jtakeman said:
SWEET!!!! Now we just need to find out the brands??????

Is it not on the Inferno's?

I think they are just trying to unload those to the peeps that need a few to make the rest of the winter. I believe the inferno's are one of the brands they're not going to carry next year.

There is some nice new brands coming to there line up. Vermont Wood Pellets is one of them! Don't know what there price will be yet. So we wait and see!

jtakeman said:
Werm said:
jtakeman said:
SWEET!!!! Now we just need to find out the brands??????

Is it not on the Inferno's?

I think they are just trying to unload those to the peeps that need a few to make the rest of the winter. I believe the inferno's are one of the brands they're not going to carry next year.

There is some nice new brands coming to there line up. Vermont Wood Pellets is one of them! Don't know what there price will be yet. So we wait and see!

Vermont Wood Pellets are currently selling at a dealer in Southern New Hampshire for $250 a ton. Spring buy price might bring that down a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.