Cubex or Energex wood pellets? Please compare!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahdi

Sep 2, 2014
RI
This will be my first year with a pellet stove. I have 4 tons of Energex on order. A local dealer has Cubex in stock. Only by the full skid. How do these compare? I am considering a ton of Cubex and removing a ton from my other order. Reason being, they don't know when the Energex will be delivered. If the Cubex is a better pellet maybe I will split it 2/2. Any info on how they compare would be great! thanks

Cubex used to be top notch in my opinion but in the last couple of years the quality has gone WAY down hill.They are also $ 50 to $100 higher than most other brands in my area.I think you'll be getting more for your money with Energex.I would shop around and try to find a few bags of something else to get you by until your order arrives.

This will be my first year with a pellet stove. I have 4 tons of Energex on order. A local dealer has Cubex in stock. Only by the full skid. How do these compare? I am considering a ton of Cubex and removing a ton from my other order. Reason being, they don't know when the Energex will be delivered. If the Cubex is a better pellet maybe I will split it 2/2. Any info on how they compare would be great! thanks
Which Energex are you getting ( hard, soft, just curious ) ? The hards are slightly hotter, at least in my stove. Energex in general is a consistent middle of the road pellet. I agree with Cat. I have some Energex soft from last year here and I have a pallet of the hards waiting to burn right now. But you might check with HD or Lowes and see if they have any Green Team in stock ( BTU a bit lower than Energex's own pellets but they work). Around here too the Ace Hardware Chain stocks Spruce Pointe which is a very good pellet.

Someone will chime in now loving Cubex !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahdi
Status
Not open for further replies.