1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. KMinNH

KMinNH New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Switched over from MWP's to Cubex and I have to say I'm very impressed. The heat is fantastic. It's been below freezing and with the heat range at 4, the 2nd floor of my 2000sqft colonial is at 74 (stove on 1st floor). With the MWP's, my upstairs hovered around 69 and that was with heat range set at 7 or 8. The ash is noticeably less as well. I'm about 5 bags in and there is little to no ash accumulating on the rim of the burn pot. With the MWP's it would be close to an inch high by now. I had no issue with the Maine Woods Pellets and would buy them again, but these Cubex are awesome. Probably just stating the obvious, but wanted to share my experience.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. New Hampshire Jim

New Hampshire Jim Member

Loc:
    Westville New Hampshire
    I also have a supply of Cubex. I am waiting for the end of this week and next week to use them as It Is suppose to get real cold In my neck of the woods(Plaistow N.H.) I say suppose to because we were predicted to get 6 to 8 inches of snow today and as of 10:00 P.M. there is a 1/2 inch here. I am running Okies and Vermonts as shoulders
  3. Dollabill

Dollabill New Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    Well here it sure is a different story ! Like 13 inches of snow and fairly cold next few days its changing to very cold Saturday ill shut down the stove clean it and load the cubex ,have been burning MWP Softies ( one ton left ) but this will be the last year ! With the price only 45 a ton cheaper ill fork out the extra !
  4. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Those are some rather impressive shoulders.
  5. Estarrio

Estarrio Member

Loc:
    Mass / RI
    x2

Never burned Okies but I absolutely love Vermonts. I'm saving my last ten bags for the coldest days. I'm hoping I can stock up at a decent price next season.
  6. eboucher

eboucher Member

Loc:
    SoNH
    Where did you find Cubex in SoNH?
  7. KMinNH

KMinNH New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Hearthworks in Hooksett on the 28 Bypass. They also have Vermonts. Both were 289/ton.