"Curiosity is Killing Me ! " , My Bad Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmelch1

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
Mr. J- Takeman, I saw the Bag on Your Reviewed pellet site , They were....... Pres-To- Logs , I will stay away from them !!!! , My stove is the US Multi- Fuel Stove , it's ran well with no issues (knock on wood ), this is My second year as a pellet owner, I ran Greene Team and Hardwoods last year they were OK . I wish I could find those Brand X & Y"s , liked Your reviews on Them !!!!
Also I was going to play with some corn .... But at $7.25 a Bushel , I'll stick to Pellets !!!!!!

I hear many say the pres to logs are pretty decent. Yet of the 3 batches I have tried only one I would write home about. The latest was fair and the very first one(my test) was pretty bad. The middle batch was alot like the Lignetics I have. Lighter in color and burned hot and pretty clean. I'll still burn them if I can score them cheap enough.

Where are you located? Maybe a member thats close to you can recommend a place to go looking for the Barefoots or Okies.

I'm in Chesapeake City , Md. , , I havn't seen Barefoot or Oakies, picked up a ton of "HEAT"Pellets yesterday , in New Castle De, about 25 miles from home , $209.00 a ton , I like them . Bag is red and has in big letters HEAT. Where are the Brand X & Y sold ?

i burned several bags of pres to logs this year. They were pretty hot but a bit more ash than the somersets.

I would buy them again at a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.