Current Heating Fuel Prices (Maine)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good for the pellets. Shame they did not include wood boilers.

Reactions: atomix
Looks even better for heat pumps.

Good observation!
Wondering why this is not included.

Quite a variance in equipment and efficiencies, going from some OWB that are maybe 25% efficient, to an indoor gasser & storage that is in the 80% range.

Yes it does - although outside temps will affect their numbers way more than anything else.

My electricity went up 14.5% from Feb 2013 till Feb 2014.!!!
This affects heat pumps

Last edited:
Maple1: variance of equipment could be an issue. I would think education could shed a little light on them also.

Maple1: variance of equipment could be an issue. I would think education could shed a little light on them also.

Absolutely.

We just need to bring the World to the Boiler Room, then all would be right with the World.

:)

It shot up something like 27% this winter in NY, according to news reports. Kind of makes you think twice about electric heat.
....... and think twice about heat pumps also.

Last edited:
rumors on electricity this summer and next year. gonna be interesting. lot of coal plants disappearing and nat gas has got to be replenished from heavy winter use. under somebodies energy plan rates would necessarily skyrocket? that's without a "cap and trade bill"

Looking good for the pellets. Shame they did not include wood boilers.

So, taking my btu chart and using ash @23.6 Mbtu/cord and a cord costing $180(going rate around here), then 1Mbtu is $7.62 and at 80% efficiency it's $9.53...yes? Even hemlock @15.9Mbtu/cord is $11.32 and at 80% efficiency is $14.15.

Status
Not open for further replies.