Custom Fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigSexy

Jan 10, 2020
Spurger,Tx
Building a new home and want a large fireplace, but with a housing blower to provide heat for the house. It will be in a 1760 sq ft room with 19' high cathedral ceilings. Would really like a 50" wide opening to burn large logs in. Having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Wondering if I need to have one custom built. Have one in a manufactured home now, looking for the same idea, but larger scale. Don't want the add on blower I've seen for a zero clearance unit. An ideas?

Building a new home and want a large fireplace, but with a housing blower to provide heat for the house. It will be in a 1760 sq ft room with 19' high cathedral ceilings. Would really like a 50" wide opening to burn large logs in. Having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Wondering if I need to have one custom built. Have one in a manufactured home now, looking for the same idea, but larger scale. Don't want the add on blower I've seen for a zero clearance unit. An ideas?
For something that big you will probably need to have a masonry fireplace and chimney built

Is the goal to burn efficiently or just to have a large fireplace? If it is for heat, then maybe tone down the requirement a little. A large efficient fireplace is going to be in the 4.0 cu ft size range. Valcourt makes some large ZC fireplaces for a space like this. Their FP15 will take 60 pounds of wood at a feeding. Their FP7CB is a large opening fireplace, but more decorative. The Astria Montecito Estate is also a 4.0 cu ft fireplace. The Quadrafire Pioneer III is 4.1 cu ft. The RSF Delta Fusion is 4.4 cu ft and a real heat monster.

Everything in Texas is bigger.... just saying..:cool: