Cut some Norway Maple today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAardvark

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2015
Central PA
Part of an extermination project at grandmas farm where these invasive trees have taken over. Nothing huge, but the forum has been slow, so enjoy.
20160410_134619 (1).jpg

There is way too much of this stuff in central PA. Good for you. It is good firewood.

Another stack of renewable resource !

Nice! I processed one this weekend myself. Was thinking I might try to burn it this coming winter. I heard it seasons pretty fast.

Get it in a sunny location with plenty of air movement Norway Maple might be ready

I generally have considered Norway as one step down from ash for drying speed. It usually splits easy. It really isnt an issue up where I live now but when I lived in more developed areas it was an urban weed that would populate vacant lots. Its density was lower than other maples but still good but not great wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.