Cut some of the black and white stuff today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
My brother has a piece of property on Lake Huron. He's getting ready to add a drive and needed to remove some small tree's none bigger than 10-12 inches. I dropped 8 tree's or so with the majority of them being Black Locust and a few small dying White Ash sprinkled in. When I left I told my wife I wasn't bringing anything home since I have probably 6+ cords of silver maple heaped up right now. I left my trailer at home on purpose. Well that didn't work, I ended up bringing a small load home in the truck, probably a 1/3 cord or so.

It's an expensive load of wood considering fuel costs but the main thing was to help my brother out. I have about 20 or so more White Ash to take down for him but those will wait a while longer. They still had leaves last year and look to have a few buds this year so they still have some time.

Had to leave a little for next time I go up to visit.

SL.jpg

Ahh Black Locust
BL.jpg

Didn't get crazy I didn't heap it up since it's a long drive.
0504131728.jpg

Be very difficult to leave locust behind.
The rest will be there for many years waiting for you. Bark-less, but solid :)

Truck load of BTUs !

We won't tell on you ;)

Reactions: geoff1969
"Don't move firewood, it bugs me"

Sorry to "bug" you! I never moved it when they had the ash quarantine from county to county in the lower. Legally I/we can move all hardwood in the lower, just can't leave the lower. Should a new bug pop up I'll honor whatever quarantine they come up with. All my firewood gets moved to some degree, I've never scored anything local that amounts to anything.

And if you run out, I know where there is more. ;) No charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.