Cut up a nasty one yesterday......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish more people would be proactive when it comes to keeping guard about the trees where children play. Not too long ago, there was a lethal mishap from a falling branch onto some children in a schoolyard. All avoidable.
I agree. Problem is, a lot of people are too cheap to pay for the removal, which can be very pricey for a tree like that due to the risks involved. But the money is well spent if one single tragedy is avoid. No life is worth losing over a couple hundred bucks......

Scotty, nice job! That could have been one ugly mess. Tough one to get on the first takedown, but looks like you did a perfect job.

Reactions: ScotO
When we built here some 38 yrs ago, the trees near the house were very beautiful and added a lot of shade. But then they kept growing. We had mold issues. I was told there wasn't enough air moving because the trees were too thick. We have removed two thirds of them and don't miss any of them. Still have a few more to take down this year. They got huge and very messy. Only one left that can fall on the garage. Trying to get that one down before it leaves out.

Glad you got them down safe. looks nasty. One of my first firewood feels was a 16" punky hick near the house that fell wrong (can't have tons of punk behind the hinge, I suppose! ==c ) Lucked out with a scrape of the gutters. Joined here shortly thereafter.;)

HD, this one HAD to come down. The guy I cut it for has several young children, as does his next door neighbor, and it was a severe safety hazard. It was right in his backyard, I fell the tree into his neighbors yard. They were both literally all smiles after that ugly bastage hit the ground!
Ya if it's a hazard it needs to come down ,just a little beyond my skill level, thats why I had to hire some one to take down my ash trees cuz ,I found a hole at the base, ants were getting to it.

I have been watching a CL add for a couple of weeks, trying to contact them to see if I can take a look and safely take down their trees, and get the wood ::-) ,I sent a note 4 times cuz they have no way to contact them in their add . To top it off they updated the add and still no contact info :rolleyes:

CL Add:
Help !! I don't want these to fall on my kids!! I have lots of ash trees that need cut down, have been dead for years. great wood for burning!! slow burning. thank you.
http://flint.craigslist.org/zip/3754731211.html

Whoa Scott. Nice job on a really nasty looking tree. That is worse than any I've ever cut and I hate those type. Just happy you got the job done with no harm to people or property.

Safety picture for Scotty :)
cartoon10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.