1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Cut up a nasty one yesterday......

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by ScotO, Apr 29, 2013.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I agree. Problem is, a lot of people are too cheap to pay for the removal, which can be very pricey for a tree like that due to the risks involved. But the money is well spent if one single tragedy is avoid. No life is worth losing over a couple hundred bucks......

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Putnam, NY
    Scotty, nice job! That could have been one ugly mess. Tough one to get on the first takedown, but looks like you did a perfect job.
    ScotO likes this.
  3. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    When we built here some 38 yrs ago, the trees near the house were very beautiful and added a lot of shade. But then they kept growing. We had mold issues. I was told there wasn't enough air moving because the trees were too thick. We have removed two thirds of them and don't miss any of them. Still have a few more to take down this year. They got huge and very messy. Only one left that can fall on the garage. Trying to get that one down before it leaves out.
    ScotO likes this.
  4. osagebow

osagebow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Glad you got them down safe. looks nasty. One of my first firewood feels was a 16" punky hick near the house that fell wrong (can't have tons of punk behind the hinge, I suppose! ==c ) Lucked out with a scrape of the gutters. Joined here shortly thereafter.;)
    ScotO likes this.
  5. gerry100

gerry100 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NY Capitol Region
    Felling trees when I can't tell which way they want to go is nerve wracking.

Nice shootin' on these two.
    ScotO likes this.
  6. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Ya if it's a hazard it needs to come down ,just a little beyond my skill level, thats why I had to hire some one to take down my ash trees cuz ,I found a hole at the base, ants were getting to it.

I have been watching a CL add for a couple of weeks, trying to contact them to see if I can take a look and safely take down their trees, and get the wood ::-) ,I sent a note 4 times cuz they have no way to contact them in their add . To top it off they updated the add and still no contact info :rolleyes:

CL Add:
    Help !! I don't want these to fall on my kids!! I have lots of ash trees that need cut down, have been dead for years. great wood for burning!! slow burning. thank you.
    http://flint.craigslist.org/zip/3754731211.html
    ScotO likes this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Whoa Scott. Nice job on a really nasty looking tree. That is worse than any I've ever cut and I hate those type. Just happy you got the job done with no harm to people or property.
    ScotO likes this.
  8. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Safety picture for Scotty :)
    cartoon10.jpg
    NortheastAl, save$, ScotO and 2 others like this.
  9. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Glad you could drop that without having to climb it. Good job.
    ScotO likes this.