cutting pellet stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
NH
Hello everyone i am back i hope you all made it through the winter with only minor cuts and bruises ....I screwed up measuring a section of pellet stove pipe. is it ok to cut to length

Unless it's single wall or single wall flex then most all double wall pellet pipe interlocks from section to section. And if you cut it that can't happen.

Reactions: bags
Unless it's single wall or single wall flex then most all double wall pellet pipe interlocks from section to section. And if you cut it that can't happen.

Doesn't cutting it make it basically like the "adjustable" sections and it would slip inside the other piece? I truly don't know and am at work so can't look at my pipes (shhh, don't tell the boss). Maybe not, if the interlocking part doesn't flare out a little.

Nothing says you can't try cutting it to see if it works. Just keep in mind you will want to really, really, really make sure to get it sealed if that joint is inside. Course if it doesn't work, it is kind of an expensive lesson.

Last edited:
ok well thanks for the help
Yeah I'm afraid you will have to buy the correct lengths, they make about all lengths anyone could need plus an adjustable. And it's brand dependent as well FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.