Cutting UNIFORM length's for the spliter ?..................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have! And way too often when I don't mark em first. Pulling a burning split back out of the stove when it is just a half inch too long to close the glass door is no fun. I greatly prefer loading North-South, as I can stuff it full and the they don't want to roll forward (onto the floor). When you have just over 16 inches, you want to get your money's worth.

I load east-west so this isn't an issue. However, cutting my sticks so they'll just fit tilizes the firebox better, allowing me to stuff in more wood per load.

I have! And way too often when I don't mark em first. Pulling a burning split back out of the stove when it is just a half inch too long to close the glass door is no fun. I greatly prefer loading North-South, as I can stuff it full and the they don't want to roll forward (onto the floor). When you have just over 16 inches, you want to get your money's worth.

I load east-west so this isn't an issue. However, cutting my sucks so they'll just fit tilizes the firebox better, allowing me to stuff in more wood per load.

Wow some guys definitely overthink it kinda reminds me of that artisan firewood video. My eye is calibrated to a certain range. Haven't cut one yet that doesn't fit or stack well!

I cut about a quarter cord about an inch too long one day. That was great.

Now I really try to measure each cut with the bar if I'm not sure.

I am getting better at eyeballing it, but I still screw it up once in a while. :p

I also found a photo of Ashful getting ready to put the bar on his saw!

Image0000117.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vikestand
Status
Not open for further replies.