Daka forced air stove input

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akwood

Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2007
alaska
does anyone have any comments positive or negative about Daka forced air furnaces. seems to be good price . do you think they are very efficient? thanks in advance for any comments

I had a similar air to air indoor wood furnace, a Taylor, and I found them very difficult to regulate the output against a varying heat load i.e. weather changes during the day. I found that when it was in the idle cycle it just smoldered and created copious amounts of condensation. When it was cold out I had to get up a fuel it at least twice in the night. I will say that when it was firing it made enough heat and the some.

Status
Not open for further replies.