Damn Beaver!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I hate when they don't finish the job, I'll get this with the rhino and cable, it's a small beech.

Attachments

• 100_6753.JPG
    100_6753.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 257
Yeah, wish they'd learn to buck, split and stack while they're at it, too.

So what were saying here is you need to get that damn beaver before he has a chance to make a beaver dam. If not the damn brook will be clogged with brook dam.

May be a roaming bachelor or have a bank den instead of hut.
I have a feeling the beaver is living in the pre-built hut, when the bridges blew out years back a bunch of that chit is stuck on the left side of the small island where part of the brook use to flow.

I'll take a pic this weekend if I'm back there.

For sure, take his wood! We used to have them and one day I was shocked to find an oak they fell. I got it.

Reactions: zap
I hate when they don't finish the job, I'll get this with the rhino and cable, it's a small beech.
They do this on purpose- don't take it too soon. Greens etc on top are now accessible, and they stay fresh/edible under the ice all winter.

I ran across this one turkey hunting a few years ago. Pretty good sized tree.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 172
My nephew traps just about anything. Beaver being one of those things. A year or two ago he trapped a rare colored Coyote. It was red like a red fox. People were offering him money for the fur right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.