Damper Seal Removed (Pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
I decided I would take out the damper seal this morning. Using an adjustable wrench and hacksaw (thank you BrotherBart), it was a rather easy process. Two bolts secured the damper seal across the arm. The adjustable wrench took care of that in a matter of seconds. After that, a few minutes with the hacksaw and out she came. Next I'll install the block-off plate. I'm pretty excited about the straight shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 258
Looks like clear sailing now. What was removed is the damper itself. Damper seal is another word for the block-off plate.

I don't see any stainless pipe going up that flue yet,whats up with that. :cheese:

BG, wasn't sure if that's what you meant in your other post. Makes more sense now. Budman, I'm waiting to hear back from a guy on this site about ordering one.

Stax said:
BG, wasn't sure if that's what you meant in your other post. Makes more sense now. Budman, I'm waiting to hear back from a guy on this site about ordering one.

Ahhhh Magnaflex, good pipe thats what I have.Look's like u are doing a good job there.

Status
Not open for further replies.