Dealer replaced PVP with ICC and it LEAKS!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madge69

Nov 18, 2010
central ma
Dealer was nice enough to replace the leaky duravent pellet vent pro (PVP) with ICC EXCELPellet vent and it LEAKS!!! Not nearly as much as the PVP did when it was first installed, but still! I taped all joints and will see if that takes care of it. Trying not to resort to the black goo that I had to use with the PVP.

I'm actually surprised by this.

Anybody have similar experience with leaky ICC?

madge69 said:
Dealer was nice enough to replace the leaky duravent pellet vent pro (PVP) with ICC EXCELPellet vent and it LEAKS!!! Not nearly as much as the PVP did when it was first installed, but still! I taped all joints and will see if that takes care of it. Trying not to resort to the black goo that I had to use with the PVP.

I'm actually surprised by this.

Anybody have similar experience with leaky ICC?

If the dealer did not make certain the gaskets were in their channels and moistened it is possible that in putting it together the gaskets are no longer where they need to be.

All bets are off if the dealer used the wrong screws or didn't pay attention and pierced the inner pipe.

yea, the gaskets can roll if not moistenedf, or also, can be nicked or cut......moisten with dish soap or the like.....vaseline works well, but if youre gonna paint your pipe you will need to clean it well.....what about K-Y jelly? Its water soluble, readily available, and slippery. You want to avoid putting the pipe together and not moistening the seals....also, too long a screw can perforate the interior lining and compromise the integrity of the seals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.