Deer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The deer are eating everything on the northside from bark, small maple trees and some pine needles.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0471.jpg
    100_0471.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 460
Now that the snow has melted here, they are able to reach the ground again so they can eat the cover crops etc. The hard time has passed for them.

Howdy Zap

You can have all the wolves from around my place if you want. Darn things have killed two deer that I know about within 200 yards of my trailer. I am afarid to walk around outside without a gun now.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Howdy Zap

You can have all the wolves from around my place if you want. Darn things have killed two deer that I know about within 200 yards of my trailer. I am afarid to walk around outside without a gun now.

Billy

We had one deer plus a turkey taken down by a coyote that I saw.

Zap

I've never seen a deer taken by a coyote. But until this year I have not spent much time up north in the winter. I put in 3/4 mile of trail in over new years. And knocked down a lot of cedar doing it. I was amazed at how fast the deer ate all the leaves off.

IMG_1001~0.jpg

Billy

How is the deer hunting there?

ihookem said:
How is the deer hunting there?

I don't hunt but the bucks are young (not to big yet) and I think the hunters took less deer this year then the previous. We do have alot of young fawns (just going on 1 year).

Zap

zapny said:
The deer are eating everything on the northside from bark, small maple trees and some pine needles.

Zap

Large rodents. They're out of control here too due to lack of predators. Fortunately for the past few weeks they're now on the outside of a deer fence. Good riddance to em.

BeGreen said:
Large rodents. They're out of control here too due to lack of predators. Fortunately for the past few weeks they're now on the outside of a deer fence. Good riddance to em.

Yep, that's exactly what they're. They're sure are tasty though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.